Tuesday 23 September 2014

Video's that I admire

Ellie Goulding - Burn



The first video which I admire is Ellie Goulding's song Burn. As I am using an Ellie Goulding song I watched her videos and when watching this one it was noticeable to how much the audience get engaged into the song. It is a very catchy song which is reinforced through the beat of the song and how Ellie presents herself in the video. The dancing keeps the audience engaged as well as the lyrics having a narrative which allows the audience to understand the video. In addition to this there is a range of shots used which allow the audience to not get bored as well as making the audience wonder what will happen next.  The locations in the video have been used well and I think it is good that it doesn't change too often as the audience can see what is happening. When watching I also noticed the use of the lighting on certain objects as well as using shadows makes the video look fun and interesting. I believe that from this video I could use some of the ideas that she had an include them in my video.

Rudimental - Waiting All Night  


 
I picked this video as the final one to analyse as I think this is a very real video that I admire. When the video begins it allows the audience to see that something is about to happen to the person which builds up tension. As the video begins the camera is being held by hand making it seem very real and not set up. When he is in hospital it seems very real through the narrative of the song it also allows the audience to think about their life and appreciate what thy have. This is one of my favourite things that I like about this video as it allows the audience to get involved and think about their own lives.
 
Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
  


The final video which I admire is Rihanna - Only Girl. I like this video as I think it uses a good range of colours for example the reds and pink which all go well together. This is followed throughout the video which makes it consistent and appealing to watch. This also links to the name of the song as it is called Only Girl and the colour scheme highlights the girly theme. AT the start of the video the sound of the wind makes the video realistic and gives the audience an idea of what the video will be like. This is also displayed through her hair and dress blowing in the wind. I also like the camera shots which are using in the video which keep the audience engaged and emphasise the songs energy. These range of shots also allow the audience to see the different locations she is in which makes the video interesting to watch. Finally at the end of the video there is a shot of her jumping with fireworks. This makes the video very lively to watch and as it links well to the video it means that users enjoy the video more.

No comments:

Post a Comment