Tuesday 16 September 2014

Analysis of Existing A2 work.

I have decided to analyse Amy Wichelow's and Clare Hannington's music videos from last year. I have decided to analyse their work as it looks highly professional and they gained top marks. By analysing their work it will mean that I gain a wider understanding of how to create a music video. It also means I can encorporate some of the ideas and the ways they have edited their videos into my video. After analysing this I will be able to see what they have done well and possible improvements to help with my production and development of my video.

Firstly I have analysed Amy's music video which was Spectrum by Florence and the Machine. This is a great example of a pop song which is very upbeat like what my music video will be. Amy has used one main artist through out the song and used a range of locations and different costumes to fit with these locations. The clothing which she is wearing meets the type of song such as the dress clearly highlighting the pop genre. Likewise with the  I also like the use of lighting in her video as it gives it a very professional look. Similarly the way the music video has been edited means that it changes exactly on the beat like a typical pop song. The video is made very fun using a range of shots and angles meaning the audience are constantly drawn into the video. As the video begins it starts with an out of focused cmid shot of the artist with a sparkler and then changes into a close up of the artist. Straight away this means that the audience can see exactly who the artist is. I have also noticed in the video how well the lip syncing has been done and there was no noticable errors.

 
Spectrum Video Media A2 from amy wichelow on Vimeo.
 
 
The next video which I analysed was Clares. Although her video is very different to the way the mine will be produced I believe that this is a good video to analyse and would help me with ideas for editing my video. The song is very slow and she has made the video fit to this sytle of music which i believe works very well. Within the song there are three people who have been used. As the video begins there is a close up which gradually fades into the next scene. I think it works well how she is telling a story and each stage is shown in a close up. In the video I especcially like shot with the makeup brush. The audience are always focused on the video meaning that the audience are not bored with the video. The video allows the audience to connect with the video through the facial expressions and body language of the artist. In the video no mining has been used which I believe works well with the type of video and allows the audience to keep engaged in what the artists are doing. 
 

Music Video finalfinalfinale from Haydon Media on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment