Thursday 26 March 2015

Album Advert

This is my final magazine ad which I completed today. I have decided to have the advert portrait as it looks a lot more professional and realistic compared to other magazine album adverts. I wanted to keep all three of my products looking similar through sticking to a house style throughout. to do this I wanted my artist in the same outfit in both the advert and Digipak, and wanted the colours to be exactly the same. The ratings are at the top of the page and are both 5 stars highlighting to the audience how good the album is. All of the text on the page sticks to white and grey colours which stand out well against the background colour. I decided to use this colour as it works well with the black background but also keeps to a house style through the colour of the dress.
I decided to use this image where she is giving direct eye contact to the audience as she looks like a real down to Earth artist, and the audience would not take her too seriously. In addition to this I believe that the image clearly highlights the genre of pop through the girly makeup and hair. I also like the positioning of the silvery grey text on top of the white dress and thought that this will draw readers into reading the information and therefore wanting to buy the album.
As well as the standard promotional method of the album advert being a poster I have also shown another method of how the advert will promote the album. The advert would be displayed on a bus stop where there would be lots of people everyday looking at it. This therefore would make people aware of the album and therefore would increase the sales. I decided to locate the advert on the bus stop as many teenagers often use public transport and therefore would be around bus stops. this suggests how the bus stop is the most suitable location to display the advert, as it would be shown to the target audience as well as a large number of other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment